Freitag, Oktober 19, 2007

 

Beloved autumn days…

I’m a person who finds positive aspects about any season.
I like fresh and light spring days.
I feel very good in summer, when almost unbearable heat slows down everything. And of course summer nights out there on a terrace, watching bats and listening to the sound of a hayfield…
Winter can be lovely, too: Silencing snow that adds this magical touch to everything. I love the thick and warm cloth you wear, only your face gets cold and when you step inside your skin starts tingling from the sudden warmth. Hot chocolate! Soups! A fireplace, a sofa, a blanket and a good book: Winter can be wonderful!

But if I had to decide for only one of the seasons, autumn would be my choice!

Nature makes one last effort and squeezes out everything that’s left from the summer before it surrenders to the grey and cold of November.
Amazing colour explosions illuminated by intense autumn sun!
And the smell…!!! It smells of ripe fruits, dried leaves and soggy soil. This mixture is warmed a little by the last sunrays and blown right into your nose by a crisp wind gust…
Words seem very deficient to capture the bustling impressions of this time of the year!

Today I took my camera with me and on my way to the library I stopped here and there to take pictures. Going through the images I can see very clearly: my life, which I’m currently spending in a boring library writing my thesis, can’t be that bad after all – as long as my way to get there leads me past all these beautiful spots :-)










Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?