Montag, Oktober 17, 2005

 



violent violet

Yesterday was national Jacaranda day – at least for us :o)
we (Ikumi, Peter and me) decided to go to the Jacaranda capital (Pretoria) to have a look at millions and millions of violet trees (Jacaranda trees). Tobi (back from Italy and living in Pretoria again) gave us an excellent tour and so
we got to see the Jacarandas from all possible perspectives and viewpoints.
Obviously now is the season where this trees are covered in violet blossoms without having any green leaves yet. Yes, we have them in Jo’burg as well (like Peter was complaining the whole time). But, as the pictures show, what you get in Pretoria is really impressive and not comparable to Jo’burg (like we told Peter).

Comments:
Hey, it was really fun wasn't it?? And the pictures are showing really well!! I can't believe my camera is not working when I need most!! I would love to go back there again next year...maybe a bit earlier to see the full bloosom of jacaranda flowers all over the city.
 
Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?