Mittwoch, Oktober 05, 2005

 
Glen - The Bee Man
I hope that you don't get the impression that I’m obsessed with insects… But I have to tell you about the bee invasion we had on the weekend.
I was sitting in the garden (studying-of course) and all of a sudden there was a noisy drone in the air and when I looked up I saw a HUGE cloud of bees flying over.
The noise didn’t really become less and I realized that they all gathered in the little open space between kitchen and garage. Standing behind the kitchen door we could see them all over the place (reminded me pretty much of these horror stories where people get eaten by nasty insect swarms…). After a while they got less and less and we thought they were leaving. But obviously they really liked the place and started moving in (through the ventilations holes in one of the bricks they found a place between wall and bathroom) ahead of all the queen! That was on Saturday.
On Monday they were still there and since they didn’t make the impression as if they were going anywhere (and kept occupying the kitchen as well) something needed to be done. And so Hillary called 'Glen-the Bee Man' who smashed the brick, smoked the bees, put them in a hive and took them away. So far so good – unfortunately he didn’t get all of them and left a considerable amount (a clump of the size of a little football) behind. I don’t know but probably that’s a couple of thousands!

Since Glen the Bee Man refuses to come back because they are so few (in Bee Man categories…) and Hillary refuses to kill them (‘poor little souls! It’s not their fault…’) it seems like they are going to stay with us for a while…
Maybe they will become friends with the ants…

Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?